Friday, May 28, 2010

Delayed Birthday Wishes

As often happens life got the best of me and blogging took a back seat but alas here is an update :) We are slowly fitting D into OUR lives and not allowing it to RULE them. CJ is still honeymooning, meaning her pancreas is giving it one last hoo-rah before finally kicking the bucket. This can leave us quite the roller coaster since although her body is still making some insulin there is no way to measure it and lows have become quite common. We lowered her dose of Levamir (long acting insulin) and it seems to have done the trick for now, as a matter of fact her numbers were so wonderful yesterday we didn't have a single low or a need for any fast acting insulin! wwohooo Lows can be quite scary as the consequences are sobering and can happen rather quickly.

Photobucket

I really can't get over the change in CJ since her Dx. As sweet as she always was she is even more so now that her sugar is regulated (pun intended, ok ill spare you all the corny D jokes sorry lol). She was always tolerant of others but would always prefer Mommy hands down, now she will go to nearly anyone and has become quite the Daddy's girl. She had taken two steps prior to hospitalization but has since decided walking just isn't for her although the past few days have found her quite a bit of bravery and she will stand on her own, but as soon as she realized what she is doing its fight on our tush we go. Looks like mommy's requests to not grow up are finally being heard.

Photobucket

She has also had quite the language explosion, I find myself comparing her to Mr. Chatterbox a little too often but she is quickly catching up. She can now blow kisses, along with a few other signs such as "up", "more", and wave. Now we have added "bubbles", "dada", "nana" (Aiden), "uhoh" "ewwww" and smoother dance moves then her mama.

not particularly in focus but here's a smooch from Miss CJ herself

Photobucket

We also picked up her Medical Alert Bracelet

Photobucket

The 17th was baby girl's first birthday and the 22nd her party held at Squad 1. Her dress was made by the fabulous Jae! And you can find her sewing skills being put to work here

Photobucket


she quite enjoyed her cool-whipped cupcake

Photobucket

We will have her First Birthday Shots done by Monica of Angel Eyes Photography but I couldn't help but shoot a "rough draft" of Cj in her tutu!

Photobucket

I want to give a special shout out thank you to "the owls" who send me this beautiful necklace, a lovely journal to keep CJ's log in, and the money to but her pump pouch. As of now I only have a picture of the necklace but the rest will come soon.

Photobucket

Aiden has become quite the comedian and a day doesn't go by where he can't leave me in stitches

Photobucket

here is "getting this job done" a phrase only close family can find the true humor in but take my word for it, a cherished moment none the less

Photobucket

He's also taken quite an interest in sports and can throw up a baseball to hit it clear across a room! Something I can't even do if you must know, guess it's safe to assume those skills come from his Daddy. We bought him a t-ball set and Daddy is looking forward to setting it up with him tonight.

Photobucket

I have since picked my knitting back up, a task I was surprised to find quite difficult since I couldn't help but associate it with her dx as it was what I was doing when the doctor came in to sit beside me on the bed. But alas I overcame it and have been hard at work and will have pictures to share in the next few days as the things I wash and block today dry. The congo we have been working on is finally opening on June 5th and I couldn't be more excited! Stay tuned for updates and sneak peaks!

Niki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a crunchy born again momma living in suburban NJ with my sweet husband and our three little gifts from God.