Friday, August 5, 2011

World Breastfeeding Week

This week marks my second World Breastfeeding Week with a nursling of my own. While that in itself is something I cherish I was blessed with an amazing opportunity today, the fact that it fell in the midst of WBW makes it all the more dear. After battling oversupply my entire breastfeeding "career", countless blocked ducts and mastitis thrice I was able to turn that excess milk over to a sweet little girl a month younger then my current nursling! What an amazing feeling.

I did not ask for permission to share any personal information about the recipient but I must tell you how much I admire her for making the choice to provide breastmilk for her baby girl even though her body could not. What an amazing mama! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of that journey.

75ozs of mama milk




Now in good old Torres fashion we decided to have some fun with WBW! While pregnant I saw this awesome cartoon that inspired some knitting and provided our daily dose of fun.

the cartoon ...





and our mama made booby hat!







never too old to rock the booby hat




the sweet smirk of a future lactivist



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a crunchy born again momma living in suburban NJ with my sweet husband and our three little gifts from God.